Saturday, November 26, 2011

Small Business Saturday

As I have spent the last year learning the ends and outs of creating a small business, it's that time of the year where I look back and think where should I go from here. I would love to say that everything took off and was a success. Frankly, somedays I question whether it is worth the time and energy and cost to form and keep a business. I'm sure most who have walked this line would say it's hard and takes time, mostly it takes faith. Faith is what drives me to keep pushing on, to keep doing what I love and enjoy. I know the economy is somewhat dark, but I have faith in what I do. Not that it's mind blowing or life changing, at least on any grand scale. But I still believe that sometimes the best and most happiest things are the simplest. Sure art to most is frivolous, but I feel that the world without art, without appreciating the beauty that God made is a cold sad world.

I want to encourage people to pursue their dreams, whether it makes sense in this realistic world or not. My favorite quote I was reminded of the other day from Miracle on 34th Street is to Doris as she is stuck in her 'realistic' mindset of the world.

Look Doris, someday you're going to find that your way of facing this realistic world just doesn't work. And when you do, don't overlook those lovely intangibles. You'll discover those are the only things that are worthwhile. 


Pursue what God places in your heart. He does so for a reason.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!